Japan’s tallest ferris wheel, opened July 1, 2016, is located in a shopping complex in Osaka, western Japan.
At 123 meters, the Redhorse Osaka Wheel has 72 passenger cabins and takes about 18 minutes to complete a spin.
All cabins have transparent floors and two, which are equipped with more luxurious seating and lighting, are designated as VIP.
The RedHorse Ferris wheel surpasses Japan’s current tallest, 117 meters, located at Kasai Rinkai Park in Tokyo.
Redhorse Osaka Wheel is located in Suita’s Expocity shopping and entertainment complex. The venue opened in November 2015 at Expo ’70 Commemorative Park, the site of the 1970 World Expo.
The Mitsui Fudosan-developed shopping complex includes a shopping mall and movie theaters, as well as a combined aquarium, zoo and museum.
On clear days, you can enjoy a panoramic view of Osaka Bay and the 300-meter high skyscraper, Abeno Harukas , from the ferris wheel cabins.
Redhorse Osaka Wheel
- Located at Expocity Lalaport in Suita City, Osaka Prefecture
- Opening hours: from 8h to 21h
- Ticket: 1,000 yen
- Maximum 6 people per cabin
- Web site for information: http://osaka-wheel.com/
- Paid parking is available at Lalaport (parking is free if you present your ticket when you buy the Ferris wheel ticket)
- Tap here to see location
Image: Portal Mie