The Chausuyama (Mount Chausu) is a mountain located on the border between the provinces of Aichi and Nagano, with its highest point on the Aichi side.
With a height of 1,415 meters is the highest peak in Aichi province. During the winter season the area is a popular ski resort and in the spring displays a beautiful pink carpet of shibazakura.
The approximately 400 thousand shibazakura flowers in an area of 22,000m² will be at their peak between mid-May and early June.
What makes this landscape special, however, is its particular variety. The shibazakura flowers are arranged in 6 different shapes and colors, including pink, white and light blue. Together they form a splendid floral carpet known as “Tenku no Hana no Kairo” (Heavenly Circuit of Flowers).
The Shibazakura Festival is held together with other events and a fabulous view of the Japanese Alps.
Chausuyama Shibazakura Matsuri (茶 臼 山 芝 桜 ま つ り)
- Date: May 11 (Saturday) to June 9 (Sunday), 2019
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Free entrance
- Lift value: 500 yen (one way) 800 yen (round trip)
- Parking: 800 yen (about one thousand seats)
- Site for more information: chausuyama.jp (in Japanese)
- See Chausuyama’s location, touch here to open.