Those red, juicy, and delicious winter fruits – strawberries – can be enjoyed all year-round.
This is the proposal of Tokyo Strawberry Park , opened almost 365 days a year for the ichigogari , or harvest and tasting on the spot.
Strawberries are produced in a greenhouse, using electricity, for temperature and humidity control, in a white and pink, very clean environment. As there are no barriers, wheelchairs and users of crutches or people with mobility difficulties can enjoy the place.
It is a space to enjoy the ichigogari elegantly . But, only by booking in advance, for 30 minutes.
Before or after this activity you can have lunch at the attached restaurant, the Park Side Kitchen.
In the period from 11:00 am to 2:30 pm there is a salad buffet service and a dessert service, with chocolate cascade and condensed milk for the strawberries. The hot dishes are pizza, pasta (to choose from) and fritta. All this for ¥ 2,100 for adults, half price for children from primary and free for 3 years old and below.
There is also a souvenir shop, a cooking course and a place buy teas and strawberry jams.
Tokyo Strawberry Park
- Hours during the week: 11am to 4pm
- Hours on weekends and holidays: 10am to 6pm
- Closed: Wednesday
- Phone: 045-394-5555
- Reservation: https://tokyo-strawberry-park.jp/reservations/new
- Tickets from January to June: ¥ 2,000 for adults and ¥ 1,500 for children (primary age), with less than 3 years not paid
- Tickets from July to December: ¥ 2,980 and ¥ 2,480, respectively, as above (all amounts already have tax)
- Harvest time: 30 minutes
- Extra 300 grams cup to take: ¥ 800 (Jan. to Jun.) And ¥ 1,400 (July to Dec.)
- Address: Kanagawa-ken Yokohama-shi Tsurumi-ku Daikoku-cho 11-1
If you have not read the article about the 19 main varieties of strawberries in Japan, click here .