With a nostalgic touch of the Azuchi-Momoyama Period (1573 to 1603), it was Osaka’s time of pure energy, combined with modernity, the thematic complex promises to be the new point of relaxation in the capital.
There are 5 thousand tsubo or more than 16 thousand square meters of complex to provide leisure and relaxation, within the Osaka Bay Tower, occupying the second to fifth floor. It’s called Solaniwa Onsen, starting February 26.
It is the largest ‘onsen’ area of Osaka. The water of the thermal spring is natural, from the depth of one thousand meters, considered the ideal for beauty of the skin.
The visitor can enjoy the outdoor bath (露天風呂, read rotenburo), or bathe enjoying the beautiful Japanese garden of more than 3 thousand square meters, the niwamiburo (庭見風呂). There are 9 different types of hot water, besides being able to rent the private ones (貸し切り風呂, it reads kashikiriburo), for 2 up to 6 people.
There are 7 types of “baths” on the rock plates, as if it were an individual sauna. It is necessary to pay the fee of 1,080 yen and if it is to be used from 1 am to 6 am costs 2,160 yen.
Services and food
The retouching and makeup room for women is a luxury, all decorated in Japanese style from the energizing period of Osaka. The room can be used freely, but there are optional equipment and beauty products loan, in addition to services for relaxation and aesthetics, plus cosmetics shop.
There are still other relaxation services like fish therapy and akasuri, both of which remove dead cells, with separate fees.
There are 8 different cafes, bars and restaurants to taste typical delights of the period, as well as sake. Everything was planned to offer the best for visitors.
Solaniwa Onsen – Osaka Bay Tower North
- Open: from 11am to 9am the following day.
- ¥ 2,592 on weekdays for adults, ¥ 1,296 for children aged 4 to 12
- ¥ 2,808 on Saturday, Sunday and holiday (¥ 1,404 for children)
- ¥ 3,024 for special days (¥ 1,512 for children)
- Private onsen (2h): ¥ 10,800 for space of up to 6 people and ¥ 7,560 for up to 4 people, and can be extended under payment
- Parking for one thousand vehicles: maximum of ¥ 1,000 / day
- Address: in Benten-cho, Osaka city (click here to open the map)
Have a good time!
See more photos.
Watch the Sankei newspaper video.
Sources: Publicity and Osaka Bay Keizai