In Yamanashi prefecture, the different colors of plum blossom perfumes the environment. Because of the mild winter in January the plums are anticipated to bloom earlier in Kofu.
Part of the 2,000 trees is already all flowery, with colors ranging from white to dark pink in the beautiful park.
If you reach the top of the observatory you can also enjoy the beautiful view of Mount Fuji and the Southern Alps. On the way to get there you will be enchanted by a labyrinth-like road.
There are shops and lots of plum trees to enjoy the walk. Going down the hill on the west side will also have waterfalls, a lake and a beautiful Japanese garden built in 1918 in the Meiji era.
If you become hungy and thirsty you can enjoy the delights offered in the shops. The park has 50 thousand square meters, on the slope of the hill, with preservation of the valley.
Plums in Furoen Park
- Location: Kofu city ( click here to open the map)
- Phone for car navigatation: 055-233-5893
- Business Hours: 9am to 5pm
- Admission: ¥ 500 for adult, ¥ 200 for primary student, child up to 5 years old and disabled person (card) is Free
- Period for the appreciation of plum blossoms: mid-March
→ To read other material with suggestions of leisure and tourism click here.
Watch the video produced last year to get an idea of the place!